McKernan School - Registration Information - UPDATE
Please note that McKernan School is full in planned classes and will no longer be accepting enrolment in:
1) French Immersion Kindergarten, Grades 2, 3, 5, 7 and 9.
2) English Grades 4, 5 and 6.
3) Spanish Grade 8
4) Regular program Grades 7 and 9.
We are accepting registrations in all other grade levels. For Grades 7 and 9 in the regular program, we will accept your registration if you are a resident of Edmonton Public Schools and have newly moved into our attendance area after April 15, 2020.
A resident student of Edmonton Public Schools has at least one parent or legal guardian that is non-Roman Catholic and who resides within the City of Edmonton. Non-resident students may only enrol in another Division school with space remaining in planned classes.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
Because schools remain closed to students and visitors due to COVID-19, new student registrations will now be submitted online. If your child is new to the Division, you must complete our school’s online registration form, fill out and upload the Student Registration form and submit supporting documents before your child(ren) can be registered for the upcoming school year.
Our school will no longer accept printed registrations. Do not drop off student registration forms at the school.
Submitting a registration package after the deadline of April 15, 2020 may limit your options to schools with available space.Learn more about registration dates and deadlines.
Learn more about schools that have implemented a lottery process, and how it might impact new student registration.
HOW TO REGISTER
You will need to use an existing Gmail account or set up a free Gmail account to fill out the online form. This helps us protect the privacy of your personal information.
STEP 2: UPLOAD A COMPLETED STUDENT REGISTRATION FORM AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
Upload copies of the following documents:
- a completed, signed Student Registration form (fill out the form electronically, print a copy and scan the completed copy, or print and take clear photos of each completed page.)
- confirmation of address for the student's parent/guardian - 5 pieces of valid documentation (for examples see below)
- legal proof of the student’s name, citizenship and birthdate (see below)
All documents must be uploaded in order to submit the form. Please ensure that you are providing clearphotos and the entire page is visible for each document submitted.
Examples of accepted documentation:
Legal proof of student’s name
Confirmation of address
- Canadian provincial birth certificate
- Canadian citizenship document
- student visa
- driver's license
- utility bill
- home insurance
- property tax bill
- telecommunications bill (i.e Shaw, TELUS, Bell, etc)
- banking statements (financial information to be crossed off)
- In some cases, immigration documents (e.g. landed immigrant documentation or a Permanent Residence Card) may also be required. Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more information.
- Please provide five of the above proofs of address.
OTHER WAYS TO REGISTER
Families who are unable to register online can mail their completed Student Registration form and copies of their supporting documents to the following address:
18004-116 Avenue NW
Edmonton AB T5S 1L5
To be part of Edmonton Public Schools pre-enrolment process, we strongly suggest families register online to ensure their documents are received before 4 p.m. on April 15, 2020, in case postal service is interrupted.
CONFIRMING REGISTRATION SUBMISSION
Once you have submitted your completed student registration form and supporting documents, we will review all of the documents. This does not mean your child has been enrolled at the school—we will contact you to let you know once your child is enrolled.
We will contact you if we need clarification about any of the documents you submit.
For junior high and high school registrations—once we confirm your enrolment, we will reach out to you for your course requests.
Families interested in the Late French Immersion Program or Pre-AP, please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Due to COVID-19 we have extended the due date for Pre AP. Our notification date of students who will be in Pre AP for the 2020-21 school year has been pushed forward. We will advise families before April 15th.*
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult times.
The junior high attendance area map can be found at https://epsb.ca/schools/mckernan/